Postdoc Philosophy: The Epistemology of Fundamentalist Group Belief
- conduct research on the project’s topic, resulting in at least five journal articles (in philosophy journals and various journals in fields that contribute to fundamentalism studies, such as psychology and criminology)
- participate in teaching and research activities in one or both departments, that is, the Philosophy Department and the Faculty of Religion and Theology
- co-edit a special issue or book
- co-organize lectures and a workshop
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract: 1 year.
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,402 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile ‘onderzoeker-4’ is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE. The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.