Ambivalent in_visibilities – reflecting research perspectives matters
Interdisciplinary Gender Studies Summer School 2020
Ambivalent in_visibilities – reflecting research perspectives matters.
September 21 – 26, 2020, University of Vienna
The Gender Studies Summer School 2020 offers in-depth exchange on current research issues with a crossdisciplinary, intersectional, feminist focus on in_visibilities in historical public and private spaces, qualitative-empirical research, anti-discrimination law and narratives in comics. Next to these debates, students will also be trained in and exercise presentation skills.
The blended learning programme consists of 5-days-attendance week (September 21 – 26, 2020) and preparatory online self- study (starting by mid-August, 2020).
- Lectures, seminars and workshops are led by experienced scholars from European Universities
- Participants will receive and give feedback on master thesis or dissertation projects
- We offer a supportive learning environment and resources to build a community of practice of students and teachers.
Who can apply?
We invite advanced master students and early stage PhD students in Gender and Queer Studies, Gender and Women’s History, Legal Gender Studies and Queer Philologies / Literature Studies, whose current thesis adresses one of the thematic strands of our programme.
How to apply
Please submit your application online (PDF) by April 19, 2020. You will receive a letter of notification by May 15, 2020. Your application must include:
- Short CV (1 page max., please no fotos)
- Motivation letter (1 page max.)
- Abstract/Description of the Master Thesis or PhD project of approx. 1,500 words length,including information on the state of the project
- Letter of recommendation (e.g. by your supervisor)
- Indication whether you want to apply for reimbursement
- Please make sure to take care of visa and travel arrangement in time.