Junior Program Officer (80 – 100 %) – Swisspeace
Starting date: 1 May 2022 (or by agreement)
Contract duration: 2 years
Swisspeace’s Policy & Platform team makes use of its unique position at the intersection of diverse topics and actors from the Swiss Platform for Peacebuilding KOFF and beyond, to shape peace policies and peacebuilding practice. The gender strand in the Policy & Platform team works along four axes: the implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda, the integration of masculinities in this agenda and beyond in gender-sensitive peacebuilding, the rise of authoritarianism and the backlash against gender equality norms and civil society, and the overarching framework of a Feminist Foreign Policy.
- Supporting the swisspeace’ Gender Advisor in acquiring and implementing projects and mandates related to gender & peacebuilding
- Contributing to swisspeace’ work on Women, Peace, and Security in collaboration with partners from the Swiss Platform for Peacebuilding KOFF
- Supporting swisspeace’ courses and trainings on gender & peacebuilding
- Conducting practice and policy-oriented research on topics related to gender & peacebuilding
- Drafting and editing reports, publications, articles, and social media content
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the swisspeace Policy & Platform team
- Ambition to grow professionally and develop your thematic expertise
- Motivation to acquiring the skills to implement projects, trainings, and mandates as well as to develop your professional network
- Strong interest in policy analysis, and Swiss and global peace policies related to gender
- Good research, writing, communication, facilitation, and coordination skills
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Swiss civil society and/or the Swiss administration in the realms of peacebuilding, gender, human rights, migration, development cooperation, or similar fields
- Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline (international relations, political sciences, social sciences, gender studies, or similar disciplines)
- Excellent spoken and written English, German and/or French. Further languages are assets
- An interesting and challenging entry-level position in an attractive field of political relevance
- A positive working atmosphere in an engaged team and a dynamic and international organization
- Attractive working conditions and flexible office hours in Basel
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English, including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by 30 January 2022. Interviews will take place on Monday, 7 February 2022 and will be held over Zoom.
Due to the Swiss regulations on the admission of foreign workers, only applicants with citizenship of Switzerland or of an EU/EFTA state or with valid B- or C permit can be considered for this position.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘JPO Policy & Platform’ in the subject line.
Deadline: 30 January 2022
More information: https://www.gendercampus.ch/en/news/jobs/junior-program-officer-80-100-swisspeace