Call for Papers: Afroeuropean Conference 2022
The Afroeuropeans conference Brussels (22-24 September 2022) is organized along different streams. Submit an individual paper or a panel addressing a topic related to one of the seven streams:
- Intersectionality as theory, practice and movement: re-centring black feminist legacies
- Structural racism, racialization and exploitation
- Policy, activism and political representation
- Afropean literature and arts: aesthetics & politics
- Health, racial inequalities and intersectionality
- Decolonising knowledge, spaces and institutions: from activism to transformative change
- Contemporary blackness and black histories in urban Europe
The Afroeuropeans Network conferences work with conference streams and we foresee the following two options.
You either submit a panel (including chair and presenters) addressing a topic related to one of the 7 conference streams, or you submit an individual paper. For each stream, the panels and papers that best suit the theme of the conference and the stream will be selected.
Selected individual papers will be clustered into additional panels by the conference organising committee.
Proposals are invited by 28 February 2022. The committee will communicate their decisions by 31 March.