Assistant Professor for Diversity and Minorities
We offer you a full-time position with 60% of your time for teaching (including administration). The 40% research time will be used to develop your own research line within diversity and minorities.
• you combine knowledge of Sociology or Anthropology or Social History with a Minority focus
• you have experience in conducting independent research in the area of diversity and minorities, as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications; affiliation with educational topics in your research would be considered an advantage
• you have teaching experience and relevant teaching qualifications (such as BKO-Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs / University Teaching Qualification) or willing to obtain this qualification
• you are open to multidisciplinary collaboration, especially with sociolinguists and applied linguistics
• you like to work both independently and in a (virtual) multidisciplinary team, contributing to a high-quality teaching learning environment
• your strengths are organising, entrepreneurship and communication, meeting deadlines
• you have the ability to communicate and teach in English (CEFR C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking)
• you have knowledge of Dutch or willingness to learn it within a reasonable period of time may be one of the conditions for tenure (CEFR B2 for reading and listening, and CEFR B1 for writing and speaking) within two years
• your willingness to engage with the Frisian language and context is also appreciated.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract: 60 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 gross per month (scale 12) with a full-time appointment
• a holiday allowance and year-end bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• an appointment on a temporary basis for 5 years
• Dual Career Support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The appointee will ideally commence as soon as possible.