PhD position: Gendered Mimesis
The Institute of Philosophy in conjunction with the Faculty of Arts at KU Leuven, Belgium is advertising a 100% 4-year (2 + 2) Ph.D. position in Feminist Philosophy/Gender Studies/Literary Theory (starting date: February 1, 2021). Application deadline, December 1, 2020.
- Highly motivated candidate with an MA in feminist philosophy, gendered studies, comparative literature, cultural studies, political theory (or related degree in the humanities).
- Background in gender studies and special interest in the feminist work of Adriana Cavarero and contemporaries (Butler, Irigaray, Malabou et al.)
- Written/oral proficiency in English and outstanding academic writing skills (textual analysis, close reading). Knowledge of Italian welcome.
- Enthusiasm for working across literary/philosophical boundaries, team-work, as well as independent, “out-of-the-box” thinking.
- Commitment to completing a Ph.D. thesis in continental philosophy or literary studies with a special focus on gender and subject formation.
- Immersion in one of the most prestigious European universities that promotes innovative training in both continental philosophy (https://hiw.kuleuven.be/en) and literary/cultural studies (https://www.arts.kuleuven.be/english).
- Inclusion in an interdisciplinary team working on gender & mimesis in collaboration with an ERC-funded project, titled Homo Mimeticus (www.homomimeticus.eu)
- Professional supervision and assistance to fulfill the goals of a Ph.D.
- Competitive pay.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, a writing sample (max 20 pages), 3 letters of reference; a 2-page (single-spaced) proposal articulating: a) previous work on gender and/or mimesis; b) specific interest in gendered mimesis; c) reasons this position fits your research profile/interests.
Should you have further queries, please contact Nidesh Lawtoo (email@example.com)
You can apply for this job no later than December 01, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.