Postdoctoral Research Fellow position at the Centre for Women’s and Gender Research (SKOK)
There is a vacancy for a 2,5 year postdoctoral position at the Centre for Women’s and Gender Research (SKOK), University of Bergen. The position is connected to the interdisciplinary research project ‘Temporary protection as a durable solution? The “return turn” in asylum policies in Europe (TemPro)’ funded by the Research Council of Norway.
SKOK is an interdisciplinary centre for research, dissemination and teaching on gender, sexuality and feminist theory. The centre has a critical, historical and global profile with focus on the intersection between gender and other structures of power in the society such as race, class and ethnicity. SKOK has a special competence on theory within the interdisciplinary gender research field.
SKOK aims to strengthen gender research at the University of Bergen, as well as playing an active role within gender research both nationally and internationally.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in gender studies, or a closely related discipline, or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- Documented academic proficiency in the field of gender and migration is a requirement for the position, and academic proficiency in feminist ethnography or anthropology is an advantage.
- The applicant should be able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary and international research team.
- The applicant must be fluent in English. It is also an advantage if the applicant is proficient in a Scandinavian language, Arabic and/ or Dari or Pashto.
- In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on whether the applicant’s proposal matches the project’s planned activities and areas of focus, along with the quality of the proposal and the qualifications of the candidate. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment.
- Salary in accordance with pay grade 60 (Code 1352/Pay range 24) in the state salary scale, currently NOK 531 900 gross p.a. following ordinary meriting regulations. For particularly highly qualified applicants, a higher salary may be considered.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise).
- Good welfare benefits.
How to apply for this job:
Please apply electronically via the link «APPLY FOR THIS JOB» where you fill in the CV. The following must be attached to the application:
- cover letter detailing the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position (1-2 pages).
- research proposal (up to 3 pages).
- list of a maximum of five publications to be considered in the assessment (co-authored publications must be accompanied by declarations of co-authorship).
- reference list including all works of a scientific nature (e.g. PhD-thesis, blogs, etc.).
- The names and contact information for two references.
- Transcripts and diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted.
- Relevant certificates/letters of recommendation
- The enclosures can be submitted as Word- or pdf-files. The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge.
Any queries concerning the electronic application procedure should be directed to the Faculty of Humanities. Email: fakadm (at) hf.uib.no